Please also read the Foam Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Service.
Information We Collect
Synthro receives or collects information when we operate and provide our Service, including when you install, access, or use our Service.
Information You Provide
- Your User Content. Foam allows you to post content, including photos, comments, links, and other materials. Anything that you post or otherwise make available on Foam is referred to as “UserContent.” We retain your User Content in the ordinary course of providing our Service to you.
- Your Account Information. You provide your name, email address and mobile phone number to create a Foam account. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such information. You may also add other information to your account, such as a profile name, profile picture, and status message.
- Your Connections. To help you organize how you communicate with others, we may create a favorites list of your contacts for you, and you can create, join, or get added to groups, and such groups and lists get associated with your account information.
- Customer Support. You may provide us with information related to your use of our Service, including how to contact you so we can provide you customer support. For example, you may send us an email with information relating to our Service performance or other issues.
Automatically Collected Information
- Usage and Log Information. We collect service-related, diagnostic, and performance information. This includes information about your activity (such as how you use our Service, how you interact with others using our Service, and the like), log, files, and diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Transactional Information. If you pay for our Service, we may receive information and confirmations, such as payment receipts, including from app stores or other third parties processing your payment.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you install, access, or use our Service. This includes information such as hardware model, operating system information, browser information, IP address, mobile network information including phone number, and device identifiers. We collect device location information if you use our location features, such as when you choose to share your location with your contacts, view locations nearby or those others have shared with you, and the like, and for diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes such as if you are having trouble with our app’s location features.
Third-Party Sources of Information
- Information Others Provide About You. We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you.
- Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Service.
For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, provide our infrastructure, delivery, and other systems, supply map and places information, process payments, help us understand how people use our Service, and market our Service. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
How We Use Information
We use all the information we have for our commercial business purposes to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Service.
- Safety and Security. We verify accounts and activity, and promote safety and security on and off our Service, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure ourService is being used legally.
If we use your personal information for an unrelated or new purpose that isn’t otherwise permitted by applicable law, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis that allows us to do so (and if you are a California resident, we will obtain your consent for the new use).
Information You and We Share
You share your information as you use our Service, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Service. We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone. We will share your personal information only in the following ways:
- Synthro personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of Synthro’s business.
- Under the protection of appropriate agreements, we use third parties to perform various tasks for us. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Service. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you. For example, we will use third parties to process payments from you and to help manage our website and relationships with you. These third-parties are only given access to that information needed to perform their support functions, and are prohibited from using it for other purposes.
- If Synthro, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
- We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with a law; to enforce or apply our Terms and other policies; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Synthro, our employees, our users, or others.This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Except as noted elsewhere in this policy, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
If you’re a consumer in the EEA, either you or Synthro may assign this agreement, and any rights and licenses granted under it, to a third party. Synthro will provide you with reasonable notice of any such assignment.
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
- Service Settings. You can change your Service settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, groups, and broadcast lists, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
- Deleting Your Foam Account. You may delete your Foam account at any time (including if you want to revoke your consent to our use of your information) using our in-app delete my account feature. When you delete your Foam account, your User Content is deleted from our servers as well as any of your other information we no longer need to operate and provide our Service. Please remember that when you delete your account, it does not affect the information other users have relating to you, such as their copy of the messages you sent them.
Law and Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations;(c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, Synthro, or others.
Our Global Operations
Under certain international laws (including the GDPR, defined below and the California Consumer Privacy Act), we are required to notify you about the legal basis on which we rely in processing personal data.
Information for European Data Subjects
When we receive information directly from visitors to our website and users of the Service who are citizens or residents of countries in theEuropean Economic Area (“EEA”), that information is likely to include“personal data,” as regulated by the European Union’s General DataProtection Regulation (“GDPR”). As the recipient of this information, we are a “data controller” under the GDPR. As mandated by theGDPR, you can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please email email@example.com.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time (unless you continue to use the Service, in which case we may continue to use your personal data, including to contact you in connection with the service for as long as you use it).
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
If you want to make any of these requests, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we put in place at least one of these safeguards:
- We will only transfer your personal data to the United States or to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- We may also use specific approved contracts with our service providers that are based in countries outside the EEA. These contracts will give your personal data the same protection it has in the EEA.
Information for California Consumers
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Consumer Privacy Act. We therefore will not sell your personal data to outside parties without your consent. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by the business for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by California law.
Updates To Our Policy
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about our PrivacyPolicy or our data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations to us, please contact us at the following address or email:
303 Potter Street
Bellingham, WA 98225
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise your rights, or you wish for an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please contact us at the email address or physical address above.
Last modified: March 3, 2020