Bring your story to life
Create beautiful interactive timelines using any kind of digital media.
What is Foam?
Foam is made up of spaces we call bubbles, where links, documents, images, or videos can be collected and understood in the context of dynamic, zoomable timelines.
Foam brings a kaleidoscopic perspective to any collection of digital media that can be pinned to a timeline. It supports traditional narrative storytelling and can also serve as an interactive replacement.
Who is Foam for?
Foam is for storytellers of all kinds — journalists, teachers, historians, and more. Whether your goal is education or entertainment, Foam helps you to visualize and navigate any information that unfolds over time.
Foam is for publishers
Feature a timeline of any story published on your website.
- Support a traditional narrative with a collection of links, images, videos, and more displayed across an interactive timeline.
- Embed a timeline directly within a story to let your readers interact with the content without ever leaving your website.
- Highlight selected items to help readers understand key moments in a sequence of events.
- Use tags to create categories of content that can be filtered and compared with other information on the timeline
Foam is for journalists
Let readers immediately grasp the key elements of a story, then deep-dive into the details.
- Help readers explore the research behind your story by creating a timeline of sources cited.
- Highlight items to help readers understand the key events or topics in your story.
- Share any mix of visual media, documents, or links to enrich or support your story.
- Embed a timeline directly within your story to let readers engage without leaving the web page.
Foam is for museums
Showcase a collection on Foam's elastic timeline.
- Let visitors view, navigate, and search a collection or exhibition on an elastic timeline.
- Tag items to let visitors filter their view by artist, period, medium, or other criteria.
- Create multiple timelines focusing on specific themes or historical eras.
Foam is for cities
Reimagine a historical archive as an interactive timeline.
- Make it easy to visualize history when you add images, documents, and more to a zoomable, elastic timeline.
- Tag important events, people, and places, or create an autoplay selection to guide viewers across the timeline.
- Share a link or embed your timeline in any story about your city's history.
Foam is for teachers
Help students understand history.
- Highlight significant events, people, or ideas in the context of an interactive timeline.
- Showcase a wide variety of media, including documents, images, videos, links, and more.
- Use tags to help students identify recurring themes over time.
- Create timelines for teaching, or let students create and share their own.
Foam is for biographers
Create a timeline illustrating a person’s career, relationship history, and major life events.
- Collect documents, images, videos, links, and more.
- Embed a timeline on your website or post a link to social media to reach interested audiences.
- Highlight items to showcase the most important moments in the story of a life.
Foam is for companies
Document and share your company's story.
- Keep track of documents including PDFs, Google Docs, videos, and more.
- Share your bubble internally, and invite team members to contribute or collaborate.
- Filter the timeline by item type, tag, or contributing employee.
- Embed a timeline to tell your story on a company website.